The Short Home Cleanse (SHC) is designed for those who would like a taste of our 14-day Colorado Cleanse.
The Short Home Cleanse is for you if you:
- Are ready to feel lighter, more peaceful, less prone to sickness + craving healthier foods.
- Can set aside a few days to eat a special cleansing diet.
- Are committed to prioritizing your health for at least four days.
- Are self-directed and can follow a detox plan on your own. Don’t worry—it’s easy.
- Need a program you can do with work + daily life.
- Don’t have any serious medical issues. If you do, please schedule a consult with Dr. John as he can tailor the detox to meet anyone’s needs. Phone, Skype, and in-person consults are available. Or show our Short Home Cleanse eBook to your health practitioner.
Each morning, you’ll perform the ancient Ayurvedic detox technique called oleation: drinking small amounts of ghee and then eating a non-fat diet of kitchari to force fat metabolism. Because fat is a stable, non-emergency fuel, you’ll feel calm.
Molecules of emotion and toxins are stored in our fat. This cleanse will help you remove these toxins, reset your digestion, and get you back on track to vibrant health.
- You’ll take three Ayurvedic herbal formulas to open your detox pathways, facilitate a deeper detox + improve digestion.
- You’ll eat a non-fat diet of kitchari, a special type of split yellow mung dahl beans + white basmati rice.
- The daily routine includes specific hydration protocols and stress-relieving practices.
- On the evening of day 4, you will do a gentle laxative to help remove toxins that the ghee and non-fat diet have loosened.
To do this cleanse, you need two things:
1. Short Home Cleanse Guide
2. Short Home Cleanse Supplies
You need three herb formulas, easy-to-prepare kitchari, and ghee. Everything you need for this cleanse is available in our Short Home Cleanse Complete Kit. (Alternatives to the herb formulas are listed in the Short Home Cleanse book and some supplies may be sourced locally).
“I’ve been doing the Short Home Cleanse for five years now, almost at the change of every season. The cleanse is so easy and short that I can never come up with a good enough excuse NOT to do it.
“My cravings are gone and I can usually coast a few more months without having to use any discipline—I just naturally want to eat clean. It also seems to get my digestion back on track again. I love how my skin glows and how flat my belly is.
“Whenever I feel a cold or flu coming on, I immediately start the Short Home Cleanse and usually by day two or three, all my symptoms are gone and I avoided having a cold! Once it stopped a two-week long allergy attack on the first day.
“So, I always make sure I have the herbs, ghee, and kitchari ingredients on hand in case I need to start it. (Oh and sometimes I do it just to save money because eating only kitchari is way cheaper than regular food!)
“I recommend it to people all the time. Thanks for introducing me to it. I have a feeling it will just be one of those things I do to stay healthy for many more years. Maybe forever.”